Thursday, January 19, 2012

And The Heart Keeps A Beating....

Today was my yearly check up with my cardiologist, Dr. Villareal, or Dr. V as I call him. It's a pretty big deal because I haven't seen him since last January...before I started down this weight loss journey. According to their records I have lost 40 pounds since my last visit.  I went today to get my pacemaker checked and had to wait to see Dr. V. The gal who did my pace check is a new gal and she had never seen me before and when she looked at my file she said "You've lost 40 pounds since you were here last? That's so awesome!" I told her that I hadn't seen Dr. V and I wanted to surprise him.  I was hoping he would be happy with where I was so far. So while the other tech was doing the adjustments and working his magic on the ole pacemaker...we chatted about spin and zumba classes. I hate it when they do the adjustments because they slow down and speed up my heart with the machine. Speeding it up isn't near as bad as the slowing down part. As long as they don't slow it down til it feels like it's not gonna beat again...and they have done that before.

Hard to believe something so small does something so big.

When Dr. V came in the exam room...he just had the biggest smile on his face. He was moving his head from side to side like he was trying to see around me. I asked him what he was looking at and he said he was trying to see where the rest of me went...Hahahaha! Needless to say, he was thrilled with my progress. I told him my goal was 135...but that was when he frowned and said he didn't think he would want me to go down to that. He thought 150 would be better for me. I told him I would need that in writing for my Weight Watcher leader for my goal and he said ok. But, I'll wait to get that when I get there...just in case he may change his mind. But for now...he is happy....and I am happy.  So, with my yearly visit out of the way I now have to work on my next goal. To get into "Onederland". It will come...slowly, but surely.....I am confidant it will come. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day out there. Spring is just around the corner for us here in the south and I am ready to greet it with opened arms. What is your favorite time of year? Let me know, I'd love to hear what it is and why.
















No comments:

Post a Comment