Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Twenty~Twelve

 Well, it's January 1st...Happy New Year everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve. I decided to end 2011 doing the thing I love the most...Zumba! The gym I go to is called Group Fit. They aren't one of those big, impersonal gyms..they are a small private gym that gives tons and tons of encouragement. Everyone there is totally awesome and I have met so many wonderful women there. Nicole owns Group Fit and she organized a New Years Eve bash that had several instructors in the local area come in and lead the group. It was a blast! 


Here is the pic of all of the instructors....



There were so many people there! Not overly crowded...but a good crowd.




I stayed up til almost 2am last night so when I woke up this morning I was ready for something to eat. I started out today with one of those Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls...with cream cheese frosting...FAIL! A terrible way to start the New Year as far as my weight loss goes. I ate it without checking the points plus value...it turned out to be 10 p+. GAAAK!! (I really do need to check points out before I stick stuff in my mouth)



On a bright note, I treated myself to another trip to Group Fit for some Sunday afternoon Zumba. After yesterday's Zumba class I was a little more than stiff trying to get out of the car when I got home. Ha~! 

Lunch was a left over buffalo turkey burger and a romaine salad with walnuts. Yummo! Since I'm still kinda new at this blogging thing...I forgot to take pics of lunch.  

However...I did remember to take pics of my dinner of black eye peas, collard greens and some ham that I fried with spray canola. It was pretty good...I must say.


One more thing....I was talking to my friends at my Zumba class this morning and one gal, Krystal suggested I take a pic of myself and compare it to when I did my first 5K.  A pretty good idea....especially since when I look in the mirror I still see the same ole Mary that started this journey last Feb. So here goes, remember I am still a work in progress...and no laughing please.

May 2011






And today...


The possibilities for the coming year are endless.....























2 comments:

  1. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! Just AWESOME Mary!!! So proud of you!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! I couldn't have come this far without you!

    ReplyDelete