Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I ate Wednesday #3

I forgot to do a WIAW last week so I was determined to make sure I did it today.


Breakfast was the usual oatmeal with bananas and peanut butter on top.

My Dad had to have a heart procedure done this afternoon so lunch was a 
Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Bar

  Since he didn't have anything to eat all day, when we got done at the hospital Dad wanted to go to Longhorn Steakhouse. I was starving too and it took every bit of self control not to order the rib eye with french fries like Dad did. I was a good girl and order steak, mushrooms and sauteed winter veggies. (pic below)

 Flat iron steak w/portabello mushrooms and steamed veggies

I didn't eat all of the steak, so I got a to-go box. I plan to make the leftovers into a breakfast wrap with the steak, eggs and some sauteed peppers in the morning. It will be great to eat on the way home after Zumba.  

Well, that was my WIAW post for today. Tomorrow's mission in life is to sit down and actually do a menu for all meals for the next week, along with a shopping list. This weekend is the beginning of Nascar season. The Craftsman Truck race on Friday and the Nationwide cars on Saturday and the Daytona 500 is on Sunday...so I need to plan for the eats for this weekend ahead of time so I don't have a meltdown and use all of my points in one day. Plan..Plan..Track..Track. It's a good thing. 

What did you eat for WIAW? I'd love to hear about it. Let me know.
















1 comment:

  1. i love nature valley bars! they are the perfect go to snack

    ReplyDelete