Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I ate Wednesday

This is my second Wednesday of the "What I Ate Wednesday" challenge. I was a little afraid that I might forget to take pictures so I made sure I put my cell phone in my pocket this morning so it would be handy.  Good thing I did.

The theme of this month's WIAW is Veggies!

Breakfast was just a little boring....Cheerios, but not the regular Cheerios....it was the peanut butter ones. I also used Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Milk on them so I could save a WW point instead of using non-fat milk. Besides, I like Almond Breeze better than regular 'ole milk. Maybe it's the sweetness, I don't know...but I do. Anyway, here the pic....


Lunch was a little better. Well, actually it was a lot better. I took the few left over peppers from the fajitas that I made the other night and added them to some sauteed zucchini, roma tomato and a portabello mushroom. It was pretty awesome...even if I do say so myself.  Once the veggies were sauteed, I just dumped the peppers in and let it heat through. There was enough of the fajita flavoring in them to go thru the rest of the veggies. I thought about eating it on tortillas...but I didn't want to use the points. So it was fajita flavored veggies sans tortilla and some Greek couscous I made the other day. I topped the veggies with a couple tablespoons of plain Chobani and a few shreds of 2% cheddar cheese.


The next time I make the Greek Couscous I'll post the recipe with pics. It's really very good. 

When I made the veggies for lunch I made so much I had plenty left over for dinner. So dinner was a repeat of lunch. Usually I don't do that, but it was so good...and Jim wasn't going to be home for dinner tonight, so why not?

For dessert I couldn't resist the Chobani calling my name....especially since there were so many in the fridge shouting I had to cave in. So my dessert was the Strawberry-Banana Chobani with some Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Granola sprinkled on top.

Any flavor of Chobani with the stuff on it has become my latest obsession. It's better than the milk and cookies that have been tempting me since Christmas....much better.

Well, that's it for the day. What did you eat today?  Write me and let me know. Maybe you can give me some good ideas, I get tired of eating the same thing all of the time. I love to mix it up...so let me know. I'd love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. happy WIAW! gah! i have been eying those cheerios for some time now - they sound sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty good. I have been on a PB kick lately so I thought I'd give them a try. If I didn't like them...the grand kids would eat them. The box is almost gone and not a grand kid in sight. Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE the bear naked fit granola!

    I have a few WIAW posts on my blog on the WIAW tab if you want some new ideas. :-) http://www.semihealthyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete