Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring is around the corner

I was in dire need of fresh veggies so I went out to the grocery store to grab a few until I can get to Trader Joe's tomorrow. When I rounded the corner at the end of my street I noticed the Bradford Pear trees were in full bloom. So beautiful....


I'm glad I got to see these because they are calling for a freeze warning tonight *extremely sad face* And that always make the blooms look like they have mud thrown on them.  Bummer....

Baseball season is just around the corner too. I am a die hard-life long Baltimore Oriole fan. I get the MLB package from Directtv every year, and I watch all of the games.  Yuppers...every one. My husband will attest to that fact, much to his dismay.  But lets face it...there isn't anything on tv over the summer except reruns...at least the ball games are live. That's my story...and I'm stickin' to it.  

The Orioles are coming to Atlanta this year and I am hoping to be able to go to at least one game with my Dad. We usually go to Baltimore to see the O's play the Yankees, but my Dad's health isn't all that great and that's a long trip up to Maryland. So I am hoping he will be up to coming with me to Atlanta. It's only a two hour drive...so I am hoping.   Here is a pic of the jersey my Dad got me for my birthday last year. I think it is a little on the large size for me now.....but I'll wear it anyway.



I was craving some sauteed veggies for dinner, so tonight it was zucchini, summer squash, onions, garlic and roasted red peppers that I roasted yesterday myself. Yummo!


Do you crave any veggies? If so, I'd love to know what you crave and how you prepare them. Does it make a difference on how you fix them if it is cold outside or for the spring/summer months?  Lmk!


Well, the Orioles are on tv this evening...the first spring training game, and listening to the announcers (Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne) remind me of when I was a kid watching the games with my Dad...so I'm gonna scoot for now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful and warm evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment