Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I ate Wednesday #5

Ok...I'm getting a little better at remembering to do this post about What I Ate Wednesday...but I did forget to take a picture of my lunch.  *sad face*

Breakfast was pretty usual. It was the Weight Watchers Harvest Berries & Cream Oatmeal with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries mixed into the cup. Yummo...I mean really...yummo!  It is fastly becoming my favorite oatmeal. It doesn't fall into the "Green" category...maybe we'll do a" WIAW goes blue" one day...who knows?

So good that I forgot to take the pic before I ate it

Lunch was with my daughter and granddaughter at the Waffle House...or "Waffle Place" as Katie Bug calls it. I was so into sitting with her that I totally forgot to take a pic of my meal until after it was gone. I guess I could have taken a pic of the empty plate...but what would that serve?  We've all seen empty plates before. 
Photo Credit Ciaran Griffin/Stockbyte/Getty Images 


As much as I wanted to order the waffles, eggs, hash browns and bacon I was a good girl and ordered the chicken breast sandwich.  It was just breast..no breading on a bun with sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato and a dab of mayo that I added myself. I figured around 12 points but when I looked up the info at Livestrong.com and ran it through the Weight Watcher online calculator it came up with 5 points. Can you say "Amazed"?...I knew that you could.  I checked the Waffle House site..and a few others just to make sure I had the correct info and it's true...5 points. I am more than thrilled because I thought that it was going to be higher so I only ordered the sandwich with a cup of coffee...not fries, no hash browns, nothing...just the sandwich. Can you see me smiling from where you are...I bet you can!  

Dinner is going to be my favorite turkey burgers. Actually, they are a take on Rachel Ray's Adirondack Red Wing Burger. I don't use the blue cheese or buns, but I do put provalone cheese on top of mine and eat it on the plate with some ketchup and mustard on the side. Today's side will be brought to you courtesy of Stay at home Sunday's roasted mixed veggies. I think it's a perfect meal especially the day before weigh in. 





So, that's about it for today...except for maybe a piece of home made pumpkin spice cake sometime tonight while watching some television. 



I hope you all have had at least half as wonderful a day as I have had. The temps are in the low 80's and for March that is just outstanding...to say the least. 

What did you eat today? Write me and let me know...I'd love to hear from you.








No comments:

Post a Comment